Painting is a regular thing in our house. We mostly use paper, but sometimes we get fancy with a canvas. This invitation to create started clean, composed and with purpose. It ended with handprints on walls and a load of laundry. We think it was well worth it for this beautiful Valentine canvas. It's off to dry for daddy's office!
NOTE: We use affiliate links.
- Crayola Artista Tempera Paint We have had this set of paint for nearly a year. We paint often and are just now starting to run out of our favorite colors. It's a good value and it's washable. What more can I say.
- Mala Paint Brushes from IKEA. They've been stepping up their art supply game lately.
- Wooden Hearts
- Lay down an old sheet or freezer paper to catch the paint mess/spills. Or, if you have super neat kids, skip this part.
- Set out paint brushes, paint, wooden hearts, and canvas. Say "create!"
- If they need a little inspiration, tell them it's for Valentine's Day.