Mixing water beads with clear marbles creates a unique sensory experience. Challenge your kiddos to find all the marbles using their hands. Blindfold them for an intensified experience. Or, if you're like me and prefer to mess with your children for fun, give them a big bowl of water beads and see how long it takes them to figure out there is something off about this sensory bin.
We also thought it would be fun to do a time-lapse for the growth of our water beads. Apparently, we have a lot of free time. Enjoy!
NOTE: We use affiliate links.
IMPORTANT: I don't recommend water beads for the littles. My 17 month old loves the idea of eating these and they are definitely not edible. A Little Pinch of Perfect has a great post about using tapioca pearls as a water bead substitute.
- Follow water bead package directions.
- Add expanded beads to big bowl or tub.
- Drop in a handful of marbles.
- Hand over the bowl to kiddos and have them hunt for the marbles.
Looking for more Sensory Play? Check out our Pinterest Board.
- We used water beads in our Cloud Sensory Bin a few weeks ago.