Citrus zest smells amazing! Limes, lemons, and oranges will all do. Kiddos will perk right up with this activity.
- Create a zesty eye mask. We used felt, giant rick rack and puffy paint for ours. Have kiddos put on mask.
- Pull out your citrus fruit. Use microplane to grate the peel of the lime, lemon and/or orange.
- Talk to kiddos about what they are smelling. Does it smell good? Do they recognize it? See how long it takes to identify each.
- Add zest to smoothies, fresh pasta, or frosting
- Smell essential oils
- Read Hardworking Honey Bee, an Aromatherapy Book for Sleepytime
- Learn about My Five Senses
- Further this activity by pulling out items from the spice cabinet. Our kiddos love smelling vanilla and almond extract, too.
- Use citrus to stamp in C is for Citrus Colors